Hello Everyone -
We've been busy little Powers since my last post. Justin started the 8th grade and is doing very well, honor roll the first 9 weeks. Scott had surgery on his neck in late September. He's had a "tumor" on the side of his neck for a few years and it started giving him problems, lots of pain "in his neck". Sounds like something I do to him too, am I tumor? :-) Any who his surgery went very well, he had an amazing Doctor taking care of him. His recovery went well too and he was back at work within a week. He's doing so much better now that the tumor is gone, no headaches or jaw pain. I've been very busy with work, even though the economy is not so good the company I work at is not phased. I'm so blessed to have a job and such a great company to go to work every day.
We also added a new member of the Powers's family, a stray we took in named Cookie. A neighbor at the end of our road moved away and left her behind. We had fed her along with two of their other dogs for over a month before they moved. We decided to take her in once we realized what happened. The newest member has brought us some joy and some problems. She's a good dog but young so we've been going through the "chewing" stage of the puppy age. Cookie is a sweet dog and she's blended well with all of the other creatures in the house. Her and Deuce tear it up in the backyard and love to run the neighborhood visiting with all the neighbors. We hope to find her a loving home but for now she's a Powers.
We hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Scott and I are looking forward to cooking our feast and will be able to share the day with some friends and family. For all of our friends and family we won't be sharing this holiday with, we miss you all very much and can't wait to see you; hopefully soon.
Thanks for visiting our blog - The Powers
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi y'all--I had forgotten you had a blog and then I clicked on my favorites and here it is!
I hope y'all are doing well--I looked at the pictures and you look well and happy! Justin is a giant and I see he's doing well in school--Please call me when you come down here!! Love y'all and miss seeing you!
Paige
Post a Comment